Mmn, so recently I started a teaser project called Tilea’s Worries that I had decided to pick up before going to bed last night. But as it turns out, there are translations out there already. Except they’re guesslations. So I’ve been having a chat with people from other translation groups to see what they say, as well as some non-tl readers for more opinions. This is a bit like how I feel about Kenkyo. I really like Kenkyo, and want to give a shot at translating it my way. I haven’t gotten around to it because it’s very much something for myself only, and Kobato’s translations are completely fine. But MTL situation is a lot more urgent.
- Guesslation or not, his accuracy rate is pretty high!
- The guy has a good grasp of English for once
- His speed is very good! (going by dates of animesuki posts)
- I’ve only read 10 chapters in, so it’s not like I love the series like Iove Kenkyo or something
- It’s a comedy, meaning that the translation should be even more accurate to get the feel and joke across than other series
- Some of the translation mistakes are a little cringy
- Even if we assumed the translations were all accurate, they read a little oddly like an overly literal translation
- The guy got something as important as the title wrong, so there’s obviously no form of tlc at all
- The guy seems to struggle more when the Japanese spoken is the grandiose stuff said by the demons
- I’ve only read 10 chapters in, so there’s a good chance I’ll grow to love the series and regret not giving it a proper translation later